How We Hire
Human Resources assists in the recruitment process for Staff positions. See the Staff Job Openings link on the menu to the left. Student jobs are available to current AU students and are listed on the Student Job Openings link. Both Staff and Student jobs accept online applications. If you need assistance completing our online application, please contact the Human Resource Office at (202) 885-2591.
If you are interested in a faculty position, please visit the Faculty Openings link on the menu to the left. You may submit your materials directly to the contact listed within the posting.
Items to Gather Before Beginning Your Application
• Educational History
• Employment History (salary, dates, contact info.)
• Resume, Cover Letter, Reference Letters and other supporting documents
Step 1: Search for Available Jobs
• Go to www.american.edu/hr to search for jobs
• Click View Listings to see a list of available jobs.
• To review the details of the job, click the job title.
• After viewing the description, click apply if you wish to be considered for the job.
Step 2: Apply Online
• New applicants will need to create a login and complete the application. Please remember to upload/attach your cover letter, resume and any other required documents before submitting your application for consideration.
• Returning applicants will need to login using their email address and password.
• Review your stored application and upload and attach cover letter, resume and any other required documents before submitting your application for consideration.
Step 3: Stay Connected
• After you apply for a position, you will receive an email confirming your application has been received.
• At anytime, you will be able to log in to the system using the email and password you created to apply for new jobs and review the status of the position(s) for which you applied.