These are just a few words that describe our staff.
How We Hire
Human Resources assists in the recruitment process for Staff positions. See the Staff Job Openings link on the menu to the left. Student jobs are available to current AU students and are listed on the Student Job Openings link. Both Staff and Student jobs accept online applications. If you need assistance completing our online application, please contact the Human Resource Office at (202) 885-2591.
If you are interested in a faculty position, please visit the Faculty Openings link on the menu to the left. You may submit your materials directly to the contact listed within the posting.
Items to Gather Before Beginning Your Application
• Educational History
• Employment History (salary, dates, contact info.)
• Resume, Cover Letter, Reference Letters and other supporting documents
• Click View Listings to see a list of available jobs.
• To review the details of the job, click the job title.
• After viewing the description, click apply if you wish to be considered for the job.
Step 2: Apply Online
• New applicants will need to create a login and complete the application. Please remember to upload/attach your cover letter, resume and any other required documents before submitting your application for consideration.
• Returning applicants will need to login using their email address and password.
• Review your stored application and upload and attach cover letter, resume and any other required documents before submitting your application for consideration.
Step 3: Stay Connected
• After you apply for a position, you will receive an email confirming your application has been received.
• At anytime, you will be able to log in to the system using the email and password you created to apply for new jobs and review the status of the position(s) for which you applied.
American University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identify and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and certain veteran status in its programs and activities.
The following persons, located at 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20016, have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the university nondiscrimination policies:
Dean of Students 202-885-3300
Assistant Vice President of Human Resources 202-885-2459
Dean of Academic Affairs 202-885-2125
Clery Act Information
American University is required to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). In accordance with the Clery Act, each year American University prepares an Annual Security Report. This report contains campus crime statistics as well as descriptions of Public Safety’s services. It is available to all applicants upon request by calling the Department of Public Safety at 202-885-2537. You may also access it through the Web at https://www.american.edu/finance/publicsafety/asr.cfm
American University is required to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). The 2008 HEOA Amendments require Title IV Institutions to collect and publish statistics related to fire and/or smoke events as well as fire prevention policies and fire safety equipment as these items pertain to residence halls owned and controlled by the institution. In accordance with the fire statistics, safety and prevention requirements of the HEOA, American University Department of Risk Management & Environmental Safety & Health prepares an Annual Fire Safety Report. This report is released annually on or before October 1. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at http://www.american.edu/finance/rmehs/FireSafety.cfm. Paper copies of the Annual Fire Safety Report will be provided upon request to the Risk Management & Environmental Health & Safety Department at 202-885-2537.