Grammar for Business by Michael McCarthy, Jeanne McCarten, David Clark, and Rachel Clark
Practice exercises for a variety of real-world business situations, from casual conversations to formal presentations. For intermediate to upper-intermediate level English speakers.
English Talk Shop for Business Software
Interested in improving your English language pronunciation skills? Try this easy-to-use software suite available for loan through the KCBC.
If you're concerned the professor is speaking too fast or that you may have missed an important part of the lecture while writing notes in class, check out this pen. It records your professor's voice while you write;more importantly, you can tap anywhere on your notes and bring back just that snippet of recorded sound. You can borrow the pen from the KCBC office in KSB 101.
Available for loan from Kogod T5.
Creativity in Business:
Mitch Hedberg on Marketing
Comedian Mitch Hedberg explains marketing concepts with his notorious (and hilarious) one-liners. View PDF
The Non-Designer's Presentation Book by Robin Williams
If you want to take your presentation skills to the next level, check out Robin William's handy guide to capturing an audience's attention through the elements of clarity, relevance, animation, and plot combined with essential visual design concepts.
The Non-Designer's Design Book by Robin Williams
A comprehensive look at the elements of design in reference to document formatting, especially in the print medium. Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward TufteEdward Tufte's guide to using graphs and charts is the definitive work on the subject and remains a classic in its field. The KCBC also owns Visual Explanations.
- How to craft an annotated bibliography for a business class. Download
- A guide on formulating a bottom line for any assignment. Download
- A succinct guide to APA Style: This guide includes sample paper and reference pages. Download
- Learn how to create a reference page or bibliography with in-text citations or footnotes in Microsoft Word 2007/2010. Download
- Quick reference guide to the art of creating charts. Download
- An example of formatting along with best practices for memo style. Download
- Learn about best practices in creating PowerPoint slides. Download
- Look for your course in the Library’s Subject Guides and find your course for an excellent starting point.
Contact business librarian Michael Matos at firstname.lastname@example.org.