About the Program
ESCP Europe, the #1 Masters in Management program in Europe as ranked by the Financial Times, offers a three- to six-week Summer Session at its Paris campus. Students may take business elective courses at a globally-renowned school of business while experiencing one of the most beautiful cities in the world.Curriculum | Housing | Passport & Visa | Cost | Application
The ESCP Europe Summer Session typically offers over a dozen elective courses across a variety of disciplines. Classes meet twice each week in 3-hour sessions. The 2013 course information will be announced in February 2013; click here to view a list of courses from the 2012 Summer Session.
Please note the ESCP Europe courses are based on the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS); AU credit equivalents can be determined by dividing in half. They should work closely with their Academic Advisor to determine how the courses will be applied toward their degree requirements. Courses are taught in either English or French as noted on the course list.
ESCP Europe has no housing on campus. Please see the ESCP Europe Guide for information on housing options near campus.
Passport & Visa
Once accepted into the program, students are solely responsible for obtaining a passport and any visas or other immigration documents required for their stay in France, including any related fees. The Kogod Office of Global Learning Programs will support students in this endeavor with any required letters from the school.
Students should visit the Consulate of France in Washington, DC as well as the Embassy website for their home country to validate entry and exit requirements. You will also be able to find visa information in the 2012-2013 ESCP Europe Guide.
Details for U.S. citizens regarding these requirements and other pertinent information can be found on the U.S. State Department website. U.S. citizens are required to hold a valid passport, but do not need a visa for a stay of this duration.
Students are responsible for the following costs of the program:
- Tuition: Costs for tuition are based on the number of credits, calculated per the Summer tuition and fee schedule posted on the Student Accounts website. Tuition costs, along with the Student Technology Fee, will be billed by and paid directly to AU.
- Program Fee: In addition to tuition, there is a $150 program fee which includes mandatory supplemental emergency travel insurance through AU. This program fee is paid to AU through the Kogod Office of Global Learning Programs.
- Housing: Housing is arranged and paid for by students directly to their landlord.
- Travel: Students are responsible for the reservation and payment of travel to and from France.
- Passport & Visa: Students are responsible for obtaining a passport, visa (if required), or other required immigration documents, including related fees.
- Incidentals: Meals, local transportation, books, academic supplies, basic housing set-up, laundry, cell phone & Internet service, toiletries, shopping & souvenirs, etc. are the student's responsibility.
- Financial Aid: Students planning to use financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid office to determine coverage and eligibility.
Application deadline for the 2013 Summer Session is Friday, March 1, 2013.
Please complete all of the following application steps and submit all required materials electronically or dropped off in KSB 106 no later than 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline:
- Discuss and confirm with your Academic Advisor how the course(s) will fit into your degree program.
- Download and then complete the ESCP Europe Summer Session Application Form.
- Download and complete the Consent & Release/Emergency Contact Form.
- Download and complete the Program Fee Payment Form.
- Photocopy the photo/biographical page of your passport.
- Submit all required materials, including the $150 Program Fee, to KSB 106 by 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline.
Once all of your application materials have been received:
- Your application will be reviewed and forwarded to ESCP Europe.
- You will need to complete a number of additional forms for both AU and ESCP Europe.
- You will be registered for a "placeholder" course, KSB-750, depending on the number of credits you are taking and your student account will be charged the applicable tuition. You do not register yourself.
- You will attend a mandatory pre-departure session at AU covering key logistical, administrative, and safety & health information.
Please contact the Kogod Office of Global Learning Programs at 202-885-1940 or email@example.com with any questions about the program, or your Graduate Academic Advisor for any questions about how the course(s) meet your degree requirements.