This listing of resources offers information on many opportunities, including employment, fellowships, case competitions, clubs and events.
Check it out!
Search jobs here
Digital Communications Associate
Policy Advisor, Vehicles and Advanced Transportation Program
BlueGreen Alliance. Washington, DC
Natural Infrastructure Intern
WRI. Washington, DC
Summer 2018 Intern
The Center for Water Security and Cooperation. Washington, DC
Appliance Efficiency Internship
CLASP. Washington, DC
ACORE Internship Program
American Council on Renewable Energy. Washington, DC
Summer & Fall 2018 sessions available
Ceres Internship Program
Ceres. Boston, MA
Various positions (Corporate Sustainability Research & Analysis; Food & Capital Markets; Water Program; Human Rights & Equitable Workplace)
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition. Washington, DC
PhD Program in Business Administration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation
The College of Business at Oregon State University
Acceptance for fall semester only
Be Green Hub Incubator Fellow
Bethesda Greens. Bethesda, MD
Spring 2018/Summer 2018
Environment America Fellowship
Positions available starting immediately, or in August 2018 in Boston, DC, Denver, Sacramento and Phoenix.
Office of Resilience. Washington, DC
Nonprofit Leadership Fellow, Sustainability Education
Strategic Energy Innovations. San Rafael, CA
Full-time, 12-month paid position ($16/hr)
Flexible start date
Summer Institute on Sustainability and Energy
Fellows (or SISE'ers) from around the country join SISE at the University of Illinois-Chicago for a two-week "boot camp" in August 2018.
*Application opens January 2018
Rooting DC 2018 - March 3, 2018
Free, all day urban gardening forum
Registration opens January 10, 2018
High North Dialogue 2018: Growth in the Arctic
Apr. 18-19, 2018, Bodø, Norway
Students who sign up for this course and request support from the organizers (see instructions below), get the course fee, conference fee and meals covered by the organizers. Accommodations may also be covered on a first come first served basis. Airfare and visa if needed are responsibility of student.
*Kogod can provide partial funding for students to attend conferences through the Educational Enhancement Fund
Various. Several of these offer considerable prize money to the winner.
MBA Net Impact Sustainability Challenge- March 9-10. Vancouver
Premiere MBA case competition enables Canadian and US students to take on a real-world sustainability challenge through a live case. Teams are comprised of 3-4 students, but at least 3 team members must be MBA students.
Interested in joining the Kogod team? Contact Andrew Toczydlowski to sign up
Net Impact is committed to using the power of business to improve the world. Club members attend conferences, plan community service projects, support local philanthropic events and hold panels on corporate social responsibility.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | netimpact.org
Book Club - AU Office of Sustainability
The Office of Sustainability hosts a monthly book club with lunchtime discussion.
Students of AU for Compassionate Eating (SAUCE)
Works to create a community of vegans, vegetarians, and animal lovers.
Society for Global Environmental Politics
Student association for graduate students in the Global Environmental Politics program in SIS. Interested MS Sustainability Management students are welcome to be part of the association.
Sign up here or contact Wendy Atieno for more information
Meet leading environmental employers
Opportunity open to all those in the DMV area
Green Jobs D.C.
Looking for a green job in the nation's capital? This group may be for you!
Post available positions and browse opportunities in the DC Metro Area.
Check out the Facebook Group.
Newark Street Community Garden Association
This community garden is a four-acre site at 39th and Newark Streets NW, consisting of 220 garden plots maintained by DC residents.
DPR Community Gardens
The Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) works with the community to establish gardens across the District. DPR currently has over 30 community gardens under is jurisdiction.
The Green Program
Short-term, experiential education for our world's most pressing issues in sustainable development.
Resource to find awards & opportunities:
*On the filters on your right hand side click on "Graduate" and also on "International - Study abroad"
Student Travel Funding & Scholarships for Study AbroadFulbright
Work Abroad Job and Other Resources
- High Tech: Tesla Semi receives important order of 100 electric trucks from PepsiCo. Electrek, Dec. 12, 2017.
- Waste Management: How much food do we waste? Probably more than you think. The New York Times, Dec. 12, 2017.
- Waste Management: Drowning in Garbage. The Washington Post, Nov. 21, 2017.
- High Tech: From the Arctic's melting ice, an unexpected digital hub. The New York Times, Dec. 2, 2017.
- Energy: Australia powers up the world's biggest battery--Courtesy of Elon Musk. The New York Times, Nov. 30, 2017.
- Water: Miles from Flint, residents turn off taps in new water crisis. The New York Times, Nov. 24, 2017.
- Food Systems: A growing number of young Americans are leaving desk jobs to farm. The Washington Post, Nov. 23, 2017.
- Waste Management: Why we need a plastic deposit refund system. The Virgin Foundation, Dec. 2017.
- DC Named World's First LEED Platinum City
- In India, Air So Dirty Your Head Hurts
- Hybrid biomass and solar energy system for water desalination
- TEDTalk - Marla Spivak: Why are bees disappearing?
- Fires Aren’t the Only Threat to the California Dream
- Pollution linked to 9 million deaths worldwide in 2015, study says - CNN
- A Climate Science Report That Changes Minds? Don’t Bet on It
- U.S. Report Says Humans Cause Climate Change, Contradicting Top Trump Officials
- Loss of Federal Protections May Imperil Pacific Reefs, Scientists Warn
- New York Today: Preparing for the Next Sandy
- U.S. Economy’s 3% Spurt Emboldens Tax Cut Supporters (and Critics)