Welcome to the AU Chapter
In an increasingly competitive job market, students at Kogod are giving themselves an edge over the competition by being involved in the American University Financial Management Association chapter (FMA).
If the Financial Services and Information Technology Lab (FSIT Lab) is the focal point for business education programs where faculty, students and practitioners use work on a variety of real time projects, the AU FMA chapter is also a place that exposes students to the real world. Active FMA chapter members can realistically examine the professions they desire to pursue by networking with business professionals, attending specialized conferences and continuing to re-evaluate their career goals.
- Broaden the common interests between academics and practitioners
- Provide opportunities for professional interaction between and among academics, practitioners and students
- Promote the development and understanding of basic and applied research and of sound financial practices
- Enhance the quality of education in finance
- Established in 1970 as a global leader in developing and disseminating knowledge about financial decision making
- FMA's members include finance practitioners, academics and students who are interested in the techniques and advances that define the field of finance
- In 1974, FMA established the National Honor Society (NHS) to acknowledge outstanding undergraduate/MBA students who have demonstrated their superiority in their academic coursework
Students joining the AU FMA chapter can participate in various activities:
- Service & Leadership
- Speaker Programs
- Field Trips
- Panel Discussions
- Chapter Newsletter Publication
FMA International Benefits
The following are additional benefits students can take advantage of as an FMA member.
- Careers in Finance book
- Option to subscribe to the FM Journal
- Subscription to the FM Forum
- Subscription to the Journal of Applied Finance
- Option to participate in the FMA Finance Leaders' & Annual Conferences
- On-Line Website Benefits from FMA International
- On-Line Conferences through the Student WebBoard
- Forecast Competition
- How to Get a Job publication with worksheets and tips
- Contact information for networking
- On-Line Resources for:
- Job Searches
- Financial Research
- Finance Certifications
- Furthering your Education
- Job Searches
The AU FMA chapter welcomes any and all students who are interested in learning more about finance and looks forward to working together with other students to broaden their education.
For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.