The following information is for your reference only. For more information please visit the Office of Information Technology website.
Windows laptops are recommended. Although Macintosh laptops can be used on the AU network without problems - over 40% of laptops on campus are Macs - and might be a good solution for most of the classes, there are some required business programs that work only on a Windows platform. For example, MS Office Pro with Access, which is needed for ITEC classes, is available only on Windows.
Those who plan to use a Mac laptop, we recommend a Windows installation using either Boot Camp or under a virtualization solution: Parallels or VMWare Fusion. These programs cost about $79.
Microsoft Windows Laptop:
- CPU 2.0 gigahertz or higher
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate editions)
- 3 gigabytes or more random access memory (RAM)
- 250 gigabyte or larger hard disk
- CD/DVD-writer combination drive
- 14-inch or larger display
- Headphones with microphone
- Built-in Ethernet network interface
- Built-in 802.11g/n standard wireless adapter
- Carrying case
- Three-year extended warranty
More info is available at the OIT web page.
- Latest version of Firefox or Internet Explorer
- Latest version of Adobe Flash Player
- Required for audio lectures: Windows Media Player, iTunes, and QuickTime
- Microsoft Office Professional (Student price ~ $99)
- Finance students:
- Stata is available for free when connected to campus network. A $98 annual license and a $179 perpetual license are also available. More information is available at Stata website.
Students should check with their professors for additional software requirements.