Thomson One Investment Management Analytics
This training session is focused on demonstrating how to enhance the equity and bond valuation process by incorporating Thomson's proprietary ratings and value-added content for making better and faster investment decisions.
Learning objectives include:
- General knowledge of Thomson ONE Investment Management platform
- Monitor analyst and corporate executive activity and assess Thomson's take on stocks in a portfolio or specific industry/index
- Search and generate screening strategies for bonds and credit default swaps
- Track current market pricing for selected securities
- Assess an issuer, valuation ratios, earnings forecasts, and related equity information
- Import, create and edit portfolios
- Create, save alerts on events, transcripts, conference calls
Thomson One Portfolio Analytics
Thomson Portfolio Analytics is a comprehensive solution that provides industry-leading performance attribution, sophisticated portfolio profiling and powerful risk analysis.
This training session are to build a portfolio and describe the structure and characteristics of a portfolio relative to a benchmark, as well as identify sources of risk.
Learning objectives include:
- Use of Thomson ONE Banker for screening stocks based on a set of criteria
- Manipulate and model the portfolio using the T1Banker Excel Add-In
- Import and edit portfolios in Thomson ONE Investment Management platform
- Analyze a portfolio: profiling, risk, return, attribution
- Show changes in principal value for your portfolio
- Summarize data for your portfolio and individual security performance
Thomson ONE Banker Jump Start
Thomson ONE Banker is a powerful financial analysis database providing a wide range of data for over 80,000 internationally quoted companies. Thomson ONE Banker offers you quick and easy access to quotes, earnings estimates, financial fundamentals, market moving news, transaction data, corporate filings, ownership profiles and research from industry-leading sources:
- Thomson I/B/E/S
- Thomson Worldscope
- Thomson SDC
- Thomson First Call
Learning objectives of this training session include how to use Thomson ONE Banker company analysis module to:
- Analyze company financial data, share price data and forecast estimates
- Locate and download company filings including annual reports, 10-K, 20-F and IPO reports with links to image documents
- Analyze company performance against standard/customized peer groups
- Analyze performance and constituents of international stock exchange indices
- Analyze company mergers and acquisitions activity
- Access global news coverage based on industry or company
- Efficiently screen as well as search with quick and advanced search tools
In addition to company analysis, Thomson ONE Banker has modules that provide data on ownership, corporate deals, which includes mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and initial public offerings (IPOs).
Thomson One Peer Ratio Analysis
This Thomson ONE training session (comparables mode) gives you the ability to evaluate, analyze and edit pre-built sets of companies and create reports on items, such as: per share data, profitability, performance, liquidity analysis, earnings growth, comparative financials, valuation metrics and guidance list.
The learning objective of this training session: To demonstrate how to do a peer ratio analysis by pulling live data directly into Excel from Thomson ONE Banker as well as how to look for a clear progression from analyzing the historical behavior of key ratios relevant for the firm to those of the industry.
Additionally, the session will cover:
- General overview of Thomson ONE Banker
- Company data including: overview, prices, worldscope data, estimates, research reports
- Filings with overview and links to image documents
- View peers comparable reports with financial, market & EPS comparisons
- How to use Excel add-in to building reports