Emerging Markets Coursework
The coursework for the Kogod Global Management Institute provides students with both conceptual overviews and practical application for their future involvement in emerging markets. Students are exposed to a range of challenges and opportunities that face every department within an organization. This includes strategy and growth planning, technology, finance, ethics, legal, risk management, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, supply chain management, marketing, and human resources.
Kogod's tenured faculty and executives-in-residence are the exclusive instructors for KGMI. Leveraging their professional networks, faculty also invite numerous industry experts to personally lend their insight to the intensive week-long session.
The 2013 Kogod Global Management Institute coursework will include the following topics:
- Introduction to Globalization and Emerging Markets
- Entrepreneurial Strategic Leadership for SME's
- Global R&D and Technology Transfer in Emerging Economies
- Sovereign Wealth Funds and Project Finance
- Managing Risk in Emerging Markets
- The Global Supply Chain and Emerging Markets
- BRIC in 2050: A New Economic and Political Order
- Corporate Responsibility in Emerging Markets