The Kogod Financial Economics and Accounting Seminar series is co-run for the 2014-2015 academic year by Todd Prono (Finance) and Susan Krische (Accounting).
Unless otherwise specified, American University-based seminars will be held on Thursday (Finance) or Friday (Accounting) in KSB 215 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
In addition, the Accounting Brown-Bag Series will be held on Friday in KSB 215 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
To view the Economics brown-bag series, please click here.
Spring 2015 Schedule
- Thursday, February 5 - Finance - Jun Kyung Auh, Georgetown University
- Friday, February 6 - Accounting Brown-Bag - Yijiang Zhao, American University
- Thursday, February 12 - Finance - Austin Gerig, SEC
- Friday, February 20 - Accounting - Yun Zhang, George Washington
- Friday, March 6 - N/A - Friday before Spring Break
- Friday, March 20 - Accounting - Long Chen, George Mason University
- Wednesday, March 25 - Finance - Pavel Savor, Temple University
- Friday, April 3 - Accounting - Chan Li, University of Pittsburg
- Thursday, April 16 - Finance - Deepa Datta, FRB
- Friday, April 17 - Accounting Brown-Bag - Parthiban David, American University
- Wednesday, April 22 - Finance - Brian Henderson, George Washington University
- Friday, May 1 - Open
Fall 2014 Schedule
- Friday, Sept 5 - Accounting - Karen Sedatole, Michigan State University
"Consistency and Organizational Justice: The role of calibration committees in subjective performance evaluation systems"
- Friday, Sept 19 - N/A - Accounting/Finance Business in the Capital Speaker (2:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, October 2 - Finance - Alexander Philipov, George Mason University "Analysts' Forecast Bias and the Mispricing of High Credit Risk Stocks"
- Friday, October 3 - Accounting - Shiva Rajgopal, Emory University "Do the FASB's Standards Add Shareholder Value?"
- Friday, October 17 - N/A - CAR Conference
- Thursday, October 30 - Finance - Anzhela Knyazeva, SEC
- Friday, November 7 - Accounting Brown-Bag - Gopal Krishnan, American University
- Thursday, November 20 - Finance - I-Hsuan Chiang, UNC Charlotte
- Friday, November 21 - Accounting - Emanual Zur, University of Maryland
"The Effect of CFO Personal Litigation Risk on Firms' Disclosure and Accounting Choices"
- Thursday, December 4 - Finance - Jun Kyung Auh, Georgetown
- Friday, December 5 - Accounting Brown-Bag - Yinqi Zhang, American University