Requirements, Criteria and Approval Process
Registering an internship requires the advice, coordination, and approval of your Graduate Academic Advisor who will:
- Ensure you meet the requirements
- Clarify requisite faculty supervisor approvals
- Register your internship
Note: For students holding F1 visas, the requirements and approval process is further detailed.
At the time of registering an internship, all graduate students must meet the following academic requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Completion of 12 credits toward the degree
Criteria for Internships
- Graduate students may register an internship for 0 or 1.5 credits
- Internship credit may only be taken as elective credit which must be applied to the semester in which the majority of the work is done
- No more than 3 internship credit hours may be applied toward a degree program
- No more than 1.5-credits can be earned per internship
- Work must be academic in nature
- To earn 0 or 1.5 credits, students must work a minimum of 10 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Internships are graded pass/fail only
- Students are evaluated by their faculty advisor as stated in the Kogod Internship Syllabus
- Meet with your Graduate Academic Advisor to discuss your internship.
- Complete the Kogod Internship Registration form
- Meet with and obtain signed approval of designated faculty supervisor.
- Return approved form to your Graduate Academic Advisor who will:
- Secure Department Chair or Dean approval
- Register your internship on your behalf