Resources for Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Federal Agency Resources
- Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center – Internal Revenue Service
- Small Business and Self-Employed Virtual Tax Workshop – Internal Revenue Service
- Taxpayer Advocate Service – Internal Revenue Service
- Small Business Administration
- Office of Entrepreneurial Development - Small Business Administration
- Office of Entrepreneurial Education - Small Business Administration
- Business.gov: Managed by the Small Business Administration and 21 other federal agencies, Business.gov is the U.S. Government's official website for small businesses. Business.gov provides small business owners with information and resources they need to comply with laws and regulations, and to take advantage of government programs and services to help them start, expand and run their businesses.
- Startup America Partnership: The Startup America Partnership is an alliance of entrepreneurs, corporations, foundations, and other private sector leaders working to dramatically increase the prevalence and success of high-growth enterprises in the U.S. The Partnership is the private sector's response to President Obama's Startup America campaign, which was launched at the White House on January 31, 2011, to celebrate, inspire, and accelerate high-growth entrepreneurship throughout the nation.
Advocates and Additional Resources
- National Federation of Independent Business
- National Small Business Association
- National Society of Tax Professionals
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council
- Small Business Majority
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Nation
- Entrepreneurship.org: Entrepreneurship.org is an online community designed to build entrepreneurial economies as well as serve as a resource for entrepreneurs, policy makers, investors, mentors, researchers and academics around the world.
- The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation: The Kauffman Foundation is the world's largest foundation devoted to entrepreneurship.
- National Association for the Self-Employed
- Score.org – Counselors to America's Small Business: Score.org is the primary resource partner of the Small Business Administration's Office of Entrepreneurship Education. The site provides business advice, tools and resources for entrepreneurs.
- United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship