Irwin M. Heine donated this collection to AU in memory of his wife Rita. The collection features works of history, literature, and philosophy from the 19 th and 20 th centuries. The works of literature include first editions of plays, poetry, and short stories by William Butler Yeats and Tennessee Williams, among others, including the following:
- La Fontaine, Jean de, 1621-1695. Fables choisies, mises en vers. Paris, Des Lauriers, 1765-75. AU Special Collections PQ1808 .A1 1765
- Smollett, Tobias George, 1721-1771. The history of England. Oxford, D. A. Talboys, London, W. Pickering, 1827. AU Special Collections DA470 .S6 1827
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939. The cutting of an agate. New York: Macmillan, 1912. AU Special Collections PR5904 .C8 1912
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983. A streetcar named Desire [a play.] [ New York] New Directions  AU Special Collections PS3545.I5365 S8
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962. Intruder in the dust. New York, Random House,  AU Special Collections PS3511.A86 I5
For a complete list of titles, search ALADIN using the following search term (keyword): "Donated by Irwin Millard Heine in memory of his wife, Rita Louise Rosenthal Heine"