Records Transmittal: Guidelines and Forms
Submit the Records Transmittal Form to the University Archivist for review. The University Archives will not accept materials that have not been inventoried.
Upon approval of the University Archivist:
- Make sure each folder is properly labeled (do not send records in hanging files)
- Transfer hanging files to manila folders when necessary
- Folder and label loose materials
- Place the folders in boxes in the same order in which that were maintained in your filing system (do not overstuff the boxes)
- Label the front of the box with your office name and the number of the box (e.g., CAS – Jewish Studies, Box 1 of 2)
- Schedule with facilities to deliver boxes to Bender Library – Attn: University Archives
You may still have access to your records after they are transferred to the Archives.
- Records Retention Policy
- Records Transmittal Form (coming soon)