Chat with a Librarian
Additional ways to contact the Library
You can ask us research questions through instant messaging. Just send a chat to one of our screen names:
- AIM: AskAULibrary
- MSN: AskAULibrary@hotmail.com
- Google Talk: AskAULibrary@gmail.com
- Yahoo: AskAULibrary
You can also text us at (571) 766-6349. If we are not online, send us a research consultation request. This Service is Available To:
- Currently enrolled students of American University
- Members of the faculty and staff of American University
- Individuals requesting information about resources unique to American University
In order to evaluate the service we may examine the content of our interaction with you for questions and answers. This information is used to help analyze the amount and types of questions we are being asked, help determine staffing levels, and help retain librarians and staff for the service. This information will be used anonymously. All identifying information will be removed from the message before we perform transcript evaluations.
The University Library and University IT do not provide technical support for Instant Messaging software.