General material may be renewed online through MyALADIN. Renewal is available as long as another borrower has not placed a request for the item. Online renewal is limited to a maximum of three times per book and then the material must be brought in to the library for recheckout. There is no limit to the number of recheckouts unless an item is on hold or recall. Once a book is brought to a WRLC library for recheckout it is eligible for renewal three more times.
Log into your MyALADIN account:
- From the American University Library homepage click the MyALADIN link or click here.
- Type in your last name, 7-digit AU I.D. number (or 14-digit barcode number) and select your home university.
For renewal of items from American University (AU), The Catholic University of America (CU), George Mason University (GM), The George Washington University (GW), Marymount University (MU), The University of the District of Columbia (DC):
- Under "Library Items" click "Renew"
- A list of items that you have checked out will be displayed. Put a check in the box next to all the items you want to renew.
- Then click on the "renew items" button at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm your renewal. If your renewal was successful the word "Renewed" followed by your new due date will appear to the right of each item on your list. Please make a note of the due date.
- George Mason (GM) items are listed separately. On your main MyALADIN page, look for "GM - George Mason" under "Library Items" and click "Renew". Please make a note of the due date.
For renewal of items from Georgetown University (GT):
- On your main MyALADIN page, look for "GT - Georgetown" under "Library Items" and click "Renew"
- To access your Georgetown University library activity including all checked out items, hold items, and fines, please log in to GEORGE with your 14 digit barcode number (without letters) and last name.
- Click "[ ] Items currently checked out"
- A list of items that you have checked-out will be displayed. Put a check in the box next to all the items you want to renew.
- Then click on the "Renew Items" button at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm your renewal under "Status." Please make a note of the due date.
If you are having problems renewing it could be for one of the following reasons:
- You have already renewed your books three times online and need to bring them into any consortium library to have them rechecked-out;
- A hold has been placed on one of the books; and/or
- You have more than $25.00 in library fines that you will need to pay off at any consortium library before you will be permitted to borrow further.
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Circulation Staff by phone at 202-885-3221 or email.
Interlibrary loan items are items from outside the consortium. After you have logged into MyALADIN, follow the instructions below:
- Scroll to the bottom of your myALADIN page until you see a gray tab titled "Interlibrary Loan Activity"
- Click on "View"
- Log in using your AU I.D. number and last name
- To access the list of your ILL items click the "View/Renew Items" tab
- Select the item you wish to renew, and click on the item number
- Detailed information for the individual item will appear. From this page click the renew item button in the upper right hand corner
- A renewal request has been submitted. If renewal was successful a new requested due date will appear. Once your renewal due date has been determined you will be emailed. If you have any questions please contact Interlibrary Loan by email, or by phone at 202-885-2779.
- NOTE: you may only renew items a week before they are due. Once an item is overdue it may not be renewed