Identifying Reserve Materials:
All reserve materials are in call number order.
To find call numbers for reserve materials by item title, please search the Reserves Module of the ALADIN Catalog:
To find the call number for reserve materials by professor or course, visit your professor's Blackboard course page and click on the "Course Reserves" button.
Patrons must have a valid AU ID or a government issued photo ID in order to check out reserve materials.
Reserve items must be returned directly to the reserve desk. Items not returned to the desk are subject to overdue fines.
Access to reserve materials is provided on a first come, first serve basis. Holds may be placed at the desk on checked out reserve items.
Unfortunately we are not able to renew reserve items online or via email. If you would like to renew a reserve item, you must come to the desk. We will check to make sure there isn't a hold and then check it out to you again.
To access electronic reserves, visit your professor's Blackboard course page. Reserve readings are located under the "Course Reserves" button. Any uploaded book chapter or journal article can be converted into a searchable PDF. Please contact the Reserves Staff if you would like to request this.
There are two loan periods used by reserves, which are designated by the instructor: two-hour reserve and one-day reserve.
- These materials may leave the library and must be returned before the reserve desk closes on the day the materials are due.
- These materials may leave the library unless otherwise requested by the instructor. Overnight checkout is available for two-hour materials beginning 2 hours before closing. Overnight checkout materials are due the following morning promptly at opening and may be left in the overnight book drop.
Kindles (Three-day Loans):
- These materials may leave the library and must be returned before the reserve desk closes on the day the materials are due. The kindles have a variety of popular reserve titles, such as:
- Issues for Debate in American Public Policy from CQ Press
- Muddied Waters by Appelbaum
- Public Policy by Kraft
- Media, Culture, and Society by Hodkinson
- The Obama Presidency by Crotty
- Mightier than the Sword by Streitmatter
- Five Dialogues by Plato, trans. Grube
- The Iliad of Homer by Homer, trans. Lattimore
- Social Marketing by Lee and Kotler
- Talons of the Eagle by Smith
- Marketing by Kerin
- The Heart of Mathematics by Burger
- Meggs' History of Graphic Design by Meggs
- Global Business Today by Hill
- Social Inequality and Social Stratification in US Society by Doob
- One-day Loans: $1.00 per day
- Two-hour Loans: $3.00 per hour prorated at $.05 per minute
Patrons with more than $25.00 in library fines will not be able to access reserve materials.
If you have any questions concerning Reserves policies and procedures, please contact the Reserves staff at (202) 885-3231
Reserves Desk Fall and Spring Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8am - Midnight
Friday: 8am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 9pm
Sunday: 10am - Midnight
Reserves Desk Summer Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 9am - 9pm
Friday: 9am - 6pm
Click here to view the complete listing of the library's hours