icon
icon

Hurst Hall

Main Campus
Academic Building
Hurst Hall is named in memory of Bishop John F. Hurst, the founder and first chancellor of AU. Hurst Hall was the first building constructed on the AU campus and the first home of the "College of Liberal Arts." Construction began on March 9, 1896, and the building was completed on February 1, 1898. Today, Hurst is the site for biology and environmental studies departments, as well as the Honors Program and the Center for Teaching Excellence.
© 2014 American University
History
  • No history available.