icon
icon

Ward Circle Building

Main Campus
Academic Building
Named in honor of General Artemas Ward, the Ward Circle Building is located in the northeast corner of the quad across from Ward Circle. General Ward commanded Continental forces at Bunker Hill but was appointed second-in-command under General George Washington by the Continental Congress. Appropriately, the Ward Circle Building houses the School of Public Affairs, which held its first class in 1935 following president Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s call for the school to provide education for the burgeoning federal executive workforce. The Ward Circle Building holds the largest number of classrooms on campus.
© 2014 American University
History
  • No history available.