Orientation - International Student
You will begin your experience at American University with an orientation program that has been designed to help you:
- acquire general information about the University and Washington, DC,
- become acquainted with your academic and degree requirements,
- learn important skills that will enhance your academic success,
- understand different immigration and employment requirements,
- meet and build friendships with fellow incoming international and U.S. students,
- get to know staff from International Student and Scholar Services as well as other faculty and staff.
|International Student Orientation|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
When is International Student Orientation?
Friday, August 21: Early Move-In: International Students and Global Nomads attending the International Student Orientation will be eligible to move in on the afternoon of Friday, August 21.
Saturday, August 22: International Student Orientation Arrival Center and Immigration Check In. Information sessions in the afternoon will include; graduate housing, cell phones, banking and essential supplies, campus tours and sessions with current AU students.Â English Proficiency Test will begin at 9:00am.
Sunday, August 23: International Student and Global Nomad Orientation Program.Â Families are welcome.
Monday, August 24-Tuesday, August 25: Freshmen Fundamentals Orientation / Transfer Success Orientation:Â International first-year and transfer undergraduates will continue on to this program from International Student Orientation.
International Students in the Washington Mentorship Program will continue on to the Washington Mentorship Program Orientation Monday, August 18-Tuesday, August 19.
International first-year, Washington Mentorship, and transfer undergraduates will continue on to this program from International Student Orientation.
What should I do if I have additional questions?
Please contact the International Student/Scholar Services office: