You are here: File a Report

Report to the University

File a report

Report to Law Enforcement

Individuals should report sex-related offenses and incidents of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking to University Police as soon as possible. University Police will help you file a university incident report and assign a female or male officer, as requested, to handle the initial interview.
University Police/AU Public Safety
AU Public Safety website
202-885-2527 (non-emergency);
202-885-3636 (emergency)
24 Hours Don Myers Building terrace level (East Campus)

You will have the option of contacting MPD when you report the incident to University Police. It is important to preserve evidence as proof of a criminal offense and for obtaining a protection order. University Police will honor and respect your decision to pursue or not to pursue some course of criminal or civil action. If you so choose, University Police can assist with obtaining a rape kit and provide support as you work with the MPD Sex Crimes Unit.

University Police has the option to bar non-affiliates from all AU property, when they are respondents in an allegation involving sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking.