AU Abroad and Disability Support Services (DSS) make every effort to assure that students with disabilities can participate successfully in study abroad programs. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that facilities and/or support services will be available at each location abroad in the same range and quality as on the AU campus. We cannot alter architecture, transportation, or laws in other countries. We can, however, make an individual assessment of need as it relates to a student’s interest, support system needs, and the availability of accommodations. We have created the following checklist for suggested procedures for AU students with disabilities who desire to study abroad.
- Make an appointment with your counselor in the Academic Support Center (ASC) or the DSS director to begin a conversation about study abroad options.
- Identify a study abroad site.
- Apply on-line at the AU Abroad website.
- Once admitted, complete the Disability Accommodation Request form.
- Facilitate services between your ASC counselor or DSS director with study abroad site coordinator if needed.
Check out these resources for more information: