Currently enrolled American University students in good standing may apply to tutor. Tutors must have earned an A or A- in the course(s) or equivalent they wish to tutor and must agree to follow the guidelines and procedures set by Tutoring Services.
All tutoring takes place on campus, with a schedule set by tutors. Typically, tutors work regularly with two to five students per semester. Tutoring Services provides tutor information to students, who are responsible for contacting tutors to arrange for tutoring. In most cases, students pay tutors directly.
There are three steps to apply to become a peer tutor:
1. Fill in and submit the application form below.
2. Ask your faculty member to email a recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to tutor courses in more than one subject area, you still need to provide only one faculty recommendation.
3. Send an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s) to email@example.com.
When we have received your application, faculty recommendation, and unofficial transcript, we will contact you for an interview.
1. Complete the request form below.
2. Please email your resume, an unofficial copy of transcripts and letter of recommendation from a AU faculty in the field you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.