If "Yes", please enter your country of origin:
Have you used Tutoring Services (through the Academic Support Center) before?:
Have you been to the Academic Support Center before?:
If "Yes", please enter the name of the Counselor you previously met:
How did you hear about Tutoring Services? Check all that apply.:
If applicable, please specify which AU Office or other manner you heard about us:
*Please indicate here if you are any of the following:
*If you have checked any of the above, you will receive more information about payment procedures.
If the cost of tutoring may prevent you from accessing the support you need, we may be able to help.
Check this box if you would like to request help with your tutoring fees Please list all courses for which you are requesting a tutor:
Include course number and title, as well as your professor’s name (example: MATH 157, Precalculus, Smith)
Please check all items that best describe how you would like a tutor to assist you:
If applicable, please specify what other item you'd like a tutor to assist you here:
Tutoring Services Procedures and Policies
1. You will be e-mailed the contact information for one or more tutors within two business days of your request. Tutors’ schedules fill quickly, so please contact them as soon as possible.
2. If you have difficulty contacting or scheduling a tutor, please let us know immediately so we can help you find another tutor.
3. Tutor referrals are subject to availability. If there is no tutor available for a requested course, Tutoring Services makes every effort to recruit a tutor.
1. Students are required to pay tutors exact change at the beginning of the session. The fee scale is set by Tutoring Services: Undergraduate student tutors charge $11 per hour, and graduate student tutors charge $13 per hour.
2. Cancellations or requests to reschedule tutoring sessions must be made at least three hours before the scheduled session. If notice is not given by this deadline, the student is responsible for paying the full fee for the scheduled session. If a student is late for a scheduled appointment or needs to leave early, tutors are not obligated to make up the missed time or reduce the session fee.
3. Tutors are not permitted to assist students with graded homework assignments or take-home exams. Tutors assist students with understanding underlying concepts and solving sample practice problems, as well as developing specific study strategies for the subject.
Questions or concerns about tutoring? Call Tutoring Services at 202-885-3365, e-mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us in the Academic Support Center, Mary Graydon Center 243.
I have read and agree to the Tutoring Services policies and procedures above: