The Safe Space workshop seeks to create a safer and more inclusive campus environment for all members of the campus community by reducing heterosexism, homophobia, and transphobia. The program creates a visible and supportive network of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and ally members of the campus community. Participants are given a Safe Space placard at the end of the program, which identifies them as someone who has a basic knowledge about issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity and are able to provide support and referrals to members of the campus community.
Safe Space Workshop Schedule
- Wednesday, June 25th from 1-4pm
- Thursday, July 31st from 1-4pm
- Monday, September 15th from 1-4pm
- Wednesday, October 22nd from 5-8pm
- Thursday, November 20th from 1-4pm
- Tuesday, February 17th from 1-4pm
- Thursday, March 19th from 5-8pm
- Wednesday, April 15th from 1-4pm
- If you are a staff member, click here
- Please note: to register in the ASuccessfulU system, you will need to click on the drop down menu under the "Home" icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Then click on the "Learning" menu option. Once in the "learning" screen, there will be a search box on the right hand side of the screen. Type in "Safe Space" there and it will find the next upcoming training for you. From there, follow the instructions to register. Please click here for a screenshot guide about registering.
- If you are a student, faculty, or community member, click here
If you have trouble registering for a workshop, please contact the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-885-3651.
Requesting a Workshop for Your Office or Organization
If you would like to request a specific workshop for your office or organization, please email email@example.com or call 202-885-3651. All requests need to have a minimum of 10 participants and be requests at least two weeks in advance of the required date.