The Office of the Dean of Students supports student learning through programs and services that promote growth and development, communicate the values and standards of the AU community, and advocate for students' needs. The Dean of Students serves as the university's Title IX Coordinator and is responsible for the university's compliance efforts to provide a work and learning environment free of sexual harassment, discrimination, and discriminatory harassment.
- Help with personal difficulties such as hospitalization, injury, extended illness, family problems or mental health concerns that affect one's academic success. Students wishing to take a medical leave of absence must provide documentation to the Dean of Students office supporting such action, and must also meet with the Dean of Students prior to returning from a leave of absence.
- Wellness programs and services to support responsible decision-making and healthy lifestyles.
- Programs on important issues facing students such as alcohol and other drugs, sexual assault, body image, stress management and civility.
- Referrals to campus resources to support academic and personal success.
- Online resources regarding health and wellness, getting involved and living in the neighborhood.
- Eagle News, an online newsletter for parents of first-year students with information on important developmental milestones, campus events and upcoming deadlines. Click here to sign-up for the newsletter.
- Parent website containing links to helpful campus resources.
- A single point of contact to share concerns and to learn about supportive campus resources.
- Periodic communications regarding special campus events and issues that affect the campus community.