The fall 2015 health insurance waiver will be available beginning June 1st.
Health insurance is required of all full-time degree, resident, and international students with F1 and J1 visas.
- If you fall into one of the required categories, the student health insurance premium of $1,800 is automatically assessed to your student account.
- The $1,800 premium can be removed from your account if you choose not to participate. In order to waive coverage you must provide proof of comparable coverage.
- If you elect to waive the student health insurance plan, you must do so before September 17th.
HOW TO WAIVE THE STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN:
- Log onto myau.american.edu using your EagleNet ID and password. (Student portal access only.) or visit https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/american
- Click on Life@AU and then click on Student Health Insurance Waiver.
- Click on the 2015-2016 American University Waiver
- Enter your AUID number and date of birth
- Follow the on-screen prompts and answer the required questions.
- Enter the required insurance information and submit your waiver.
The student health insurance premium will be removed from your student account within 5 business days.
If you have any questions email email@example.com or call 202-885-3380.