The Student Health Insurance Waiver Database for the 2013 spring semester will be available on November 12, 2012. The waiver deadline is February 15, 2013.
Health insurance is required of all full-time degree, resident, and international students with F1 and J1 visas.
- If you fall into one of the required categories, the student health insurance premium ($1,070) is automatically assessed to your student account.
- The $1,070 premium can be removed from your account if you choose not to participate. In order to waive coverage you must provide proof of comparable coverage.
- If you elect to waive the student health insurance plan, you must do so before February 15, 2013.
HOW TO WAIVE THE STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN:
- Log onto https://myau.american.edu using your EagleNet ID and password. (Student portal access only.)
- Click on Life@AU and then click on Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Click on Waive Insurance.
- Complete the Required Information fields and click the submit button. Please note you need to complete a waiver every year you are in a required category. The expiration date of your policy will automatically be listed as August 2013.
- Confirmation will be sent to your AU email address. Please save this confirmation.
If you require assistance, please call the Student Health Center at (202)885-3380.