The Leadership Academy
The Leadership Academy in Residential Education at American University develops courageous and ethical future leaders of diverse intellectual curiosity, and a passion for learning, service and achieving uncommon success. This is accomplished by providing students with a unique opportunity to participate in seminars, lectures, colloquiums, and practical workshops that are designed to develop a capacity to lead in a complex global society.
Some of the opportunities include:
- Leadership seminars and workshops
- Special conversations with campus administrators
- Colloquiums and lectures with AU Faculty
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with AU faculty, staff and alunni.
- Serving in a leadership position on the Academy Governance or Academy Advisory
- Event management training
- Advanced problem analysis and problem solving simulations.
Residents, or academy fellows, can discover and develop their leadership identity within a community of learners with activities facilitated by a dynamic group of student leaders, faculty and staff at American University
To apply to this Living Learning Community, please fill out the application found here.