Pictures must meet the following criteria:
1. The photo must be in color.
2. There must be a front view of your full face and shoulders.
3. No sunglasses or hats (religious head coverings are an exception).
4. The background should be a light solid color with no people or personal items in view.
5. The photo must be in JPEG format and be at least 300 x 375 pixels.
6. The file cannot exceed 2 megabytes.
Please follow these steps in order to submit your picture for your AU ID:
1. Log on to myau.american.edu
portal using your user ID and password.
2. Click on the Life@AU link on the right hand column of the portal.
3. Click on the ID Card Information link.
4. Follow the instructions for online photo submission.
Staff and Faculty
Please email your picture to email@example.com. Pictures should be submitted at least 5 business days prior to pick up at Housing & Dining Programs office in Anderson Hall.
Students will be notified if their photo does not meet the requirements listed above and asked to submit another photo. Students with acceptable photos will be notified when their ID is printed.
All notifications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org and sent to the students' american.edu email addresses.
Staff and faculty who email a picture to email@example.com will receive notification that the picture has been received and uploaded.