One Cards may only be issued in person in the One Card Office. The One Card Office is located in Anderson Hall on the south side of main campus.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
You may receive your One Card once you are granted a status as a student, staff, or faculty member by your academic program or Human Resources. All new cardholders must present a current government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, in order to receive a One Card.
Students may submit their photo online before arriving on campus or have their photo taken in the One Card Office. Students are strongly encouraged to submit their photo online to avoid the long lines associated with move-in. If your photo is approved, you will receive a notification that your card is ready for pick up. Please visit our Online Photo Submission page for further instructions.
New staff members will receive their One Card during their New Hire Orientation. Staff may also receive a One Card before New Hire Orientation once granted a status of current staff by Human Resources. Their supervisor must request their access clearances by contacting Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New faculty may receive a One Card once granted status as a current faculty member. New adjunct faculty members may have their photo taken by the One Card Office during their orientation. Their supervisor must request their access clearances by contacting Public Safety at email@example.com.
AU Alumni are eligible for an Alumni One Card that grants lifetime borrowing privileges in Bender Library, a 20% discount at the Campus Store, Career Services, the Alumni Audit Program, and much more! Alumni One Cards are free to all Alumni who have completed a degree or non-degree program.
Alumni residing outside of the District of Columbia are eligible for an Alumni One Card. Your card will be mailed to your current mailing address free of charge. Please note that we can only mail cards within the continental United States. To request your card, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
1. Your legal first and last names
2. AU ID number
3. Date of birth
4. Graduating class year
5. Current mailing address
6. A photo of you taken in the last year that meets our requirements
Contractors may receive a One Card only at the request of an AU Staff Member. The AU Staff Member must be the University point of contact for the contractor’s company. The AU Staff Member must email email@example.com from their AU email account and include the following information:
1. The contractor’s legal first and last names
2. The contractor’s company name
3. The contract’s expiration date, which will serve as the card’s expiration date
All building access requests must be sent to Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org by the AU Staff Member.
Guests and Interns
Guests and unpaid interns, not currently affiliated with the University, may only receive a One Card only at the request of an AU Staff or Faculty Member. The AU Staff or Faculty Member must be the guest or intern’s supervisor. The supervisor must email email@example.com from their AU email account and include the following information:
1. The cardholder’s legal first and last names
2. The cardholder’s department and position title
3. The card’s expiration date
All building access requests must be sent to Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org by the intern or guest’s supervisor.
Group Production of One Cards
Departments wanting to schedule production of One Cards for new student, staff, or faculty orientations must submit their request to email@example.com at least 10 business days before the event. Submitting a request does not guarantee production of One Cards. Please choose from one of the following options:
1. (Preferred) Pre-Production of One Cards: The department or cardholders will email acceptable photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them on the myAU Portal.
2. Card Production in the One Card Office: An in-office appointment for less than 30 people at a time. You must submit the cardholders’ legal names, AU ID numbers, and date of card expiration.
3. Mobile Photo Taking: For on-site orientations with more than 30 people. Mobile set up cannot exceed 2 hours. Photos will be taken on-site and the One Cards will be ready within 2 business days. You must submit the cardholders’ legal names, AU ID numbers, and date of card expiration.