Housing & Dining Programs


  • Housing / Dining Programs
    Fax: 202-885-1154
    Anderson, Room 1st Floor Anderson

    Mon - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm Sat - Sun: Closed

    Moody, Christopher L
    Assistant Vice President for Housing & Dining Programs

Mailing Address

AU Faculty and Staff ID Card Information

You must have a record in the Human Resources database to receive an American University identification card. Also, you must show government-issued photo identification.
Please also provide a welcome letter from your department.
If your department requires building access, please follow these steps:

  • Have a staff member in your department, who can verify your status as a faculty or staff, email the access request to
  • Ensure that the e-mail includes the staff/faculty member’s name, AU ID #, and the building and room number requested.



Guest Cards

Not a current student or faculty/staff member of the AU community, but want to use the copy machines or printers in the library? American University Guest Cards are available for temporary use in the American University Library and the Washington College of Law Library for copying and printing purposes. The cards are able to be purchased at the machines in the lower levels of the library and cost $1.00 each. The cards can then have money added to them at the CMC Machine.

These guest cards expire one year from their activation date, and cannot be renewed once they are expired. Any remaining funds on the card are lost, and cannot be transferred to another card once it expired.

Related Links