Skip to main content

Housing & Dining Programs


Housing & Dining Programs
Fax: 202-885-1154
Anderson Hall, Room 130

Main Office Mon-Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Sat-Sun: Closed

One Card Office Mon-Thu: 9:00 am-5:00 pm Fri: 11:30 am-5:00 pm Sat: 11:00 am-3:00 pm* Sun: Closed *Open on Saturday during academic year only, minus University holidays

Christopher Moody
Assistant Vice President for Housing & Dining Programs

Housing & Dining Programs
4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20016-8101

2016 Fall to Spring Room Changes


If you are interested in changing rooms for the spring semester, or are looking to fill a vacancy in your room with another resident, please read the following information carefully. These instructions serve as a guide if one of the below scenarios matches your intentions.

  • If you want to change rooms. Students will be considered for a room change on a space available basis

  • If your roommate is leaving for the spring semester and you would like to identify a new roommate (Please note that your current roommate must have completed a housing cancelation form)

  • If you want to live with someone who is returning from a study abroad program/leave of absence (Please note your intended roommate must complete a spring 2016 housing application)

To request another space or roommate for the spring semester, you must complete the Room Change Request Form (hard copies are available in the Housing & Dining Programs Office in Anderson Hall). Only one form is needed for all the students involved in your room change group.

An example of a completed Room Change Request Form is available here. All residents affected by the requested room change must be listed on this form with all necessary information: hall and room number, name, AU ID number, the specific action of each resident to be affected by the room change, and resident initials. Incomplete forms will not be processed or approved. If additional space is needed beyond the original Form, students can use the back of the form.

The Room Change Request Form for spring semester housing will be accepted from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 11 (in McDowell Hall Formal Lounge) and Thursday, November 12 (in Anderson Hall Formal Lounge).   

All residents affected by the room change must come in together, as a group, with the Room Change Request Form during one of these dates/times. Students should bring their AU ID cards in addition to the completed Room Change Request Form in order to confirm that roommate requests are authorized by all individuals affected in the requested changes. Students who wish to participate but are unable to attend due to being abroad, on a leave of absence or a class commitment must email from their AU email address by November 10. 

Students who have concerns about the process or communicating with current/potential roommates should speak to their Resident Assistant or Resident Director before November 10. After the Room Change Request process concludes on November 12, Housing & Dining Programs will not be able to accommodate room or roommate change requests until after the start of spring semester classes.

Students who select a new room for the Spring 2016 semester must check-out of their current fall housing assignment before Wednesday, December 16 at 12 p.m.. You will not be eligible to move into your new assignment until Spring 2016 (January 3) at 3 p.m..