AUID Replacement Policy
AUID Replacement Fee
There is a $20.00 fee to replace a lost or stolen AU ID card or for damage to an AU ID Card that is beyond normal wear and tear. This fee applies to all students, staff, faculty and American University affiliates.
- The replacement fee can be paid with cash, check, credit card, or be billed to your student account.
- The $20.00 replacement fee will be waived for a stolen AU ID Card only if an official police report is submitted to the One Card office at the time when a new card is requested. The AU ID card must be listed as one of the items stolen in the report. Submitting the reporting police officer’s name and the report number is not acceptable documentation for the fee to be waived.
- You will not receive a refund if you find your AU ID after receiving a replacement card.
- Refunds will not be issued if a police report is submitted after payment has been received.
Updating Your AUID Card
You are required to update your AU ID Card if your status with the university changes, or if your ID Card becomes worn due to frequent use. If you need to replace your AU ID Card and you turn in your current card, a new ID Card will be printed for you at no cost.
- You must replace your ID Card if your name or AU ID number can no longer be read or if your picture is faded beyond recognition.
- If you are an on-campus resident and move from one side of the residential campus to the other, or if you move off-campus, you must replace your ID Card to receive the appropriate color-coded border. For example, if you move from Tenley Campus to South Campus, you must get a new ID Card.
- You must update your ID Card if your status as a student, faculty or staff member changes.
- You may resubmit a photo online or take a new picture in the One Card office if you would like to update your picture.
- You must take a new picture at the request of the ID badging station operator or any other Housing & Dining Programs professional staff member who requests an updated photo of you.