Skip to main content

Housing & Dining Programs


Housing & Dining Programs
Fax: 202-885-1154
Anderson Hall, Room 130

Main Office Mon-Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Sat-Sun: Closed;

One Card Office Mon-Thu: 9:00 am-5:00 pm; Fri: 11:30 am-5:00 pm; Sat: 11:00 am-3:00 pm*; Sun: Closed; *Open on Saturday during academic year only, minus University holidays

Christopher Moody
Assistant Vice President for Housing & Dining Programs

Housing & Dining Programs
4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20016-8101

One Card Policies

You may only hold one One Card at a time. If you are a staff or faculty member and a student, you must hold a Staff or Faculty One Card. We do not have a Staff/Student or Faculty/Student One Card. If you are an alum and a current student, staff member, or faculty member, you are ineligible for an Alumni One Card. 

Replacement Fees

If you are a returning student and have misplaced your AU One Card, you can order a replacement before you arrive to campus and it will be ready for when you move in.

There is a $20.00 replacement fee for One Cards that are lost, stolen, or damaged beyond normal wear and tear. This fee applies to all cardholders including: students, staff, faculty, contractors, chaplains, community members, guests, alumni, and neighbors.

  • The replacement fee can be paid with cash, credit card, debit card, or be billed to your student account.
  • The $20.00 replacement fee may be waived for a stolen One Card if an official police report is submitted to the One Card Office at the time of replacement. The One Card must be listed as one of the items stolen in the report. Submitting the reporting police officer’s name and report number is not acceptable documentation for the fee to be waived. Refunds will not be issued if a police report is submitted after payment has been received.
  • You will not receive a refund if you find your previously issued One Card after receiving a replacement card.
  • Previously issued One Cards cannot be reactivated.

Updating Your One Card

You are required to update your One Card if your status with the University changes or if your One Card becomes worn beyond recognition. The fee for replacement cards will only be waived if you present your most current One Card at the time of replacement. One Cards damaged beyond normal wear and tear cost $20.00 to replace.

  • You must replace your One Card if your name, AU ID number, or photo is worn beyond recognition.
  • If you are an on-campus resident and move off campus, you must replace your One Card to receive the appropriate color-coded border.
  • You must update your One Card if your status as a student, faculty, or staff member changes.
  • You may resubmit an acceptable photo on your myAU Portal or take a new picture in the One Card Office if you would like to update your picture.
  • You must take a new picture at the request of the One Card Office Staff or any other Housing & Dining Programs professional staff member who requests an updated photo of you.
  • Your access clearances and stored value will transfer immediately to your new card.

Legal Name Changes

Legal name changes may be printed on a replacement One Card if the proper documentation is provided. Preferred names, middle names, and professional titles may not be printed on your One Card.

  • We accept the following official government documents reflecting your name change: marriage license, divorce record, name change petition, or gender and name change petition.
  • We accept current government-issued photo IDs reflecting your name change including: driver’s licenses, passports, military IDs, and international identification cards.
  • We do not accept credit cards with your photo printed on the front as a valid form of identification.
  • The fee for replacement cards will only be waived if you present your most current One Card at the time of replacement.