Housing & Residence Life invites students to apply for Spring 2018 Housing. The application will be available October 2, 2017-January 8, 2018 on your AU Housing Portal.
- Students who complete a housing application after December 15 may not receive a housing assignment until the university re-opens from winter break on January 2, 2018 or could be placed on a wait list.
- Housing assignments will be sent to your AU e-mail address.
- You must live on campus or participate in a study abroad program during the Spring 2018 semester to be eligible to apply for Fall 2018 housing.
- All students applying for spring housing are subject to the housing cancellation fee schedule as listed in the 2017-2018 Housing License Agreement.
- Academic year housing costs are available on our Academic Year Rates page.
Returning Students: Studying Abroad or on a Leave of Absence for the Fall 2017 Semester
- Students who apply by their respective deadlines will receive a housing assignment no later than December 15.
- Students who participated in study abroad in Fall 2017 are guaranteed housing for the spring semester, provided that all application deadlines are met and you have not had a previous break in university-provided housing.
- You will have an opportunity to request a roommate on your application.
- To request a roommate who currently lives on campus for the fall, there must be a vacancy in their room for the spring.
- Requesting roommates who are also moving onto campus in the spring will be done on a first come, first served basis pending space availability. All students must request each other and apply by December 1 in order to consider the roommate request.
Returning Students: Off-Campus Students Interested in Returning to On-Campus Housing for Spring 2018
Students who have previously moved off campus and are interested in returning to campus housing may apply for spring housing through the waitlist application. Campus housing is not guaranteed and will be offered on a space available basis.
New Students Joining American University in Spring 2018
- Incoming first-year students and transfer students must first complete a housing deposit with the Office of Admissions.
- Students will be e-mailed an application for housing to their AU e-mail address no more than two (2) business days after deposit submission. The priority deadline to complete a housing deposit is November 29.
- Priority deadline for application submission is December 1 to receive a housing assignment by December 15.
- Transfer students with 36 or fewer credits upon enrollment who meet the November 29 deposit deadline will be assigned housing by December 15.
- Transfer students with more than 36 credits, or those who deposit after November 29, will be considered for housing on a space available basis, but are unfortunately not guaranteed on-campus housing.
Washington Semester Program (WSP) Students and Graduate Gateway Students Planning to Live On Campus for the Spring Semester:
Please contact the Washington Semester Program to obtain a housing application link. Should you have any questions about the process, please email email@example.com. The program administrators will ensure a housing application is created for you.
Abroad @ AU Students Planning to Live On Campus for the Spring Semester:
Abroad @ AU students applying to the program should work with the Abroad @ AU program office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The program administrators will ensure a housing application is created for you.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please feel free to contact us at
email@example.com or (202) 885-3370.