Students who fail to complete the termination process and/or to inform Housing & Residence Life of their departure from housing, are considered a No-Show for the spring and are automatically charged 50% of the spring housing charges.
Per the 2017-2018 Housing and Dining License Agreement, students who terminate housing will be subject to the cancellation fees based on the date the form is received or the date of checkout if checkout occurs after the end of the fall semester (December 17).
Returning Students Moving Off-Campus or Taking a Leave of Absence
Students currently housed for the Fall 2017 semester will be charged a housing termination fee for cancelling their Spring 2017 housing assignment. Please review the cancellation fee schedule below and the 2017-2018 Housing License Agreement to review the schedule of fees outlined in Section 10:
- On or Before November 2, 2017
- Returning Student: $500
- November 2- January 5, 2018
- 25% of Total Spring Housing Fee
- January 6- February 5
- 50% of Total Spring Housing Fee
- February 6 - February 12
- 75% of Total Spring Housing Fee
- On or After February 13
- 100% of Total Spring Housing Fee
Students Planning to Study Abroad, Graduate, or Permanently Separate from the University
To have the cancellation fee waived, students must:
- Submit the termination form by November 1, 2017 to avoid spring housing charges being added to their account.
- Submit supporting documentation showing your approved AU Study Abroad acceptance or request for a permanent separation from the University.
- Our office must be able to confirm graduation status through the Registrar's Office.
- Complete a moveout of fall housing at the end of the fall semester.
SPExS, Abroad@AU, Accelerator, Shorelight Programs
Please check with your program advisor regarding your spring housing status. Students who are participating in a one semester program do not need to complete housing termination form. Housing & Residence Life staff will terminate your housing for spring semester and your cancellation fee will be waived.