Winter Break Housing Information
Break Housing Information for Main Campus Residents
Residents must make arrangements to depart for winter break within 24 hours of their last final exam.
- All main campus residence halls (except Nebraska hall) will close at 12:00pm (noon) on Wednesday, December 16, 2015.
- Mail/Parcel delivery will end the day before (December 15, 2015). We will begin accepting mail and packages for the Spring 2016 semester on Monday, January 4, 2016. Anything received before this date will not be accepted.
Break Housing Information for Nebraska Hall Residents
Nebraska Hall will remain open over winter break for resident occupancy. Please note that the front desk will be closed and will not reopen until January 3, 2016. Please make sure that you notify your Resident Assistant (RA) that you will be in Nebraska Hall for any time between December 16, 2015 and January 2, 2016.
If you are planning on terminating your housing for the spring semester,
you will need to vacate your apartment by noon on December 16, 2015. Students must properly check out of their assignment by contacting their RA.
Break Housing Information for Berkshire Apartments Residents
Students living at the Berkshire Apartments (through Housing & Dining Programs housing) are not required to leave their apartments for the semester breaks. If you are planning on terminating your housing for the spring semester, you will need to vacate your apartment by noon on December 16, 2015. Students must properly check out of their assignment by contacting their Community Coordinator.
Break Housing Information & Availability
- Winter Break Housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applications are only considered for 12pm, Wednesday, December 16, 2015, through 12pm, Sunday, January 3, 2016. You may check in for your winter assignment between 9am and 5pm ONLY, any day of the week (during the course of the Winter Break Housing period), with the exception of Thursday, December 25, (Christmas Day).
- You will receive your winter housing assignment at check-in.
- Rates will be at $50 per night.
- Please note that you will be charged for a 7 day minimum.
- All applicants are expected to sign a Winter Break Housing Agreement.
- All rules and regulations outlined in The Student Code of Conduct are applicable.
- Housing & Dining Programs reserves the right to remove any resident from Winter Break Housing if deemed necessary as indicated in the License Agreement.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by Friday, December 4, 2015, or a $50 administrative charge will be assessed.
- Staff contact and emergency information for the break will be posted at the Leonard Hall desk, and the Department of Public Safety can be contacted at any time for assistance at 202-885-2527 (Emergency: 202-885-3636).
There is no access to the main campus residence halls, except for Leonard and Nebraska halls, during any portion of the winter break. Residents must provide their own linen and bedding, and should plan accordingly.
Main campus complex desks (Anderson, McDowell and Nebraska) will reopen at 9am on Sunday, January 3, 2016 for winter break residents. All other residents may check back into their spring assignments at 3pm.
Winter break residents MUST move to their spring assignment rooms with all personal belongings no later than 12pm (noon) on Sunday, January 3, 2016. There are no exceptions to this deadline. Winter break residents will receive check-out instructions at check-in and/or during the break.