Travel and Re-Entry
When you travel outside the United States, the following documents will be needed to re-enter the U.S. and may be requested by the U.S. Immigration service inspector at the port of entry.
- Valid I-20 or DS-2019
- ISSS travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 that covers the period you will travel and return to the U.S.
- Valid passport and visa
- Financial documents dated within the past three (3) months to cover at least one full academic year
- University transcripts (Available from the Registrar's Office - allow several days)
- Proof of current semester registration (Available from the Registrar's Office- allow several days)
Further documentations, if applicable:
- Proof of pre-registration for the next semester (Available from the Registrar's Office - allow several days)
- Reduced Course Load or forms signed by an ISSS advisor and your academic advisor for any semester you were registered less than full-time
- Copy of Leave of Absence form
- Original Employment Authorization Document (EAD card for OPT)
- Letter of Employment from employer if on OPT
Also, please check the following web sites for additional information on travel:
Please be aware that the U.S. Immigration service inspector may ask many questions to verify whether you are a student making normal progress toward your program.
For more information, contact ISSS at 202-885-3350 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org