On-Line Immigration Check-In
MUST BE COMPLETED EVERY SEMESTER
Students with immigration documents issued by American University are required to do an on-line immigration check-in at the beginning of every semester. This is your way to verify and update your records and make sure that the information ISSS is required to send to the immigration service each semester is correct. Not completing your check-in places your immigration status in jeopardy.
1. Log into myau.american.edu (use Firefox or Internet explorer)
2. On the right side menu, click on ACADEMICS
3. Click on Contact Information (Current Students)
4. Choose ISA Current/Local address, check the box, and click Submit
5. Update your US address if needed. When you're finished click "Submit"
6. On the left menu (under Academics), click on International Student/Scholar Profile
7. Under links, click on Check-in for Immigration Reporting
8. To add or update your personal information, click Change data, then click NEXT PAGE (NOTE: It is important to enter as much information as possible. Personal Data, Address in Home Country, Contact Information, Emergency Contact (emergency contact is only for AU use), and address in U.S. are all important information to update).
9. If you have dependents on an F-2 and J-2 Visa, enter their information
10. Click SUBMIT FOR CHECK-IN after all information has been updated
11. Read the compliance page and click SUBMIT.
12. Remember that you will need to do this again at the beginning of each semester, and any time your address changes.
Please remember that you must complete this check-in at the beginning of EVERY SEMESTER. Updates (such as address changes) should be made through the same process at any time during the semester, within 10 days of the change.
OPT: Students on OPT are NOT required to complete the check-in, but should update their addresses and employer information with ISSS (email: email@example.com) any time they move or change employers.
If you have any questions, please contact ISSS at 202-885-3350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.