ISSS Staff Awards and Recognition
First Place, International Programming
3rd Annual Best Practices in International Education
NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Christy Nichols, Kristina Thompson
Best Session of the NAFSA Region VIII 2005 Conference
T.A.L.K.©: Taking Action to Learn about "Kulture"
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Fanta Aw
American University Staff Performance Award for Service to the Community
This award is given to a staff member or group who responded to an institutional priority, either planned or extraordinary, that transcended normal job responsibilities and who achieved outstanding results.
- Fanta Aw: 2005 Exploring Intercultural Communication Cluster
- Senem Bakar: 2005 Exploring Intercultural Communication Cluster
- Lori Reynolds: 2005 Civitas Cluster
- Chemayn Gray: 2006 Human Resources Advisory Committee
- Kristina Thompson: 2005 individual award and group award for Exploring Intercultural Communication Cluster
American University Open Doors Award
Student Confederation award for a staff member who has demonstrated extraordinary commitment to students.
- Kristina Thompson
American University Outstanding Service to the AU Community
This award is given to a staff member or group who demonstrated outstanding service and commitment.
- Fanta Aw
Gold Award, Academic Support Model for International Students
In the International, Multi-Cultural, Cultural, LGBTQ, Spirituality, Disability category of the 2006 NASPA Excellence Awards program
- Fanta Aw, Core Team Member
- Michael Roehm, Core Team Member
American University Staff Performance Award for Diversity
This award is given to a staff member or group who demonstrated outstanding service and commitment in promoting diversity.
- Fanta Aw, International Student Support Core Team Member
- Michael Roehm, International Student Support Core Team Member