Table Talk Lunch Series
The Kay Spiritual Life Center strives to provide forums for students to explore contemporary issues of ethical concern. Our signature lunch-time lecture series, Table Talks brings together the University and wider D.C. communities several times each semester to reflect upon the pressing issues of the twenty-first century.
Listen to our Table Talk Podcasts on iTunesU
Missed a Table Talk? Download a free podcast version on Kay's iTunesU page. You'll also find podcasts from our signature Human Rights Defender series and the annual Poynter lecture.
Here are this semester's Table Talks:
- Wednesday, January 30th: "US Defense Budget: Too Big to Fail?"
- Wednesday, February 27th: "Consumer Finance Protection Agency: Will it be Effective?"
- Thursday, March 21st, "US Pivot towards Asia: Human Rights Implications"
- Wednesday, April 3rd, "Turmoil in Africa: US Military Response"
- Thursday, April 18th, "Immigration Reform: How Comprehensive?"
- April 18th : The Drug War: More Harm than Good?
- March 28th : Corporate Social Responsibility & Codes of Conduct: How are They Working?
- February 15th : The Arab Spring: One Year Later
- January 25th : Haiti: Women's Empowerment and Reconstruction
- October 26, 2011: Power Play Against the Poor: Where is the Budget Battle Leading America?
- October 19, 2011: The Burqa and the Beret: Immigration and the EU
- September 28, 2011: India Rising: How Far? How Fast?
- September 9, 2011: 2011 Elections in Latin America: Impact on Democracy and Human Rights
- April 7, 2011: Political Upheaval in the Middle East & North Africa: The Role of Social Media
- March 2, 2011: Conflict Free Purchasing: The Ethics of Your Electronic Device
- January 27, 2011: Attack on the Deficit & Debt: Who Wins? Who Loses?
- October 21, 2010: GLBTA Rights as Human Rights in Africa
- September 29, 2010: Are Banks Too Big To Fail?
- September 15, 2010: Gitmo Detainees: Military Commissions vs. Civilian Courts