Digital Signs Policies
For questions email email@example.com
1) If your event is occurring on-campus, make sure your event space(s) are confirmed by University Event Scheduling. If your event is occurring off-campus, please include contact information of an administrator within the University department or student organization that is sponsoring the event.
2) Upon confirmation of the event, create a PowerPoint slide or image for your event. The advertisement must be in landscape (horizontal) orientation. If you would like your display to have more than one slide and scroll as a slideshow display, make sure they are created on the same file.
3) Registered student organizations must first submit their ad for approval before it is sent for posting through Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Student Activities representative will forward the approved ad to email@example.com with the required information listed below.
University departments can submit an ad for posting directly to the University Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with the required information listed below.
In the email, please submit the following information:
a) Desired dates for advertisement to run (7 day max): ___________
b) Desired locations to be displayed on campus (please mark your top 3 to 5 locations for posting):
Residence Halls (Contact Nikki Williams email@example.com)
Athletics (Contact Shomari Kee firstname.lastname@example.org)
CAS (Contact Emily Schmidt email@example.com)
Katzen/Admissions (Contact Emily Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org)
____ AU Central
____ Student Health Center
____ Student Activities
____ University Center
____ University Honors Program
____ Career Center
4) Upon review of your submission, the slide/slideshow will be displayed for a maximum of seven consecutive days, unless granted an exception by the University Center. Submissions for ads will be placed into a general AU slideshow with other submissions by departments and student organizations.
5) Once the event has been completed, your slide will be removed from the daily rotation of events.
6) If changes/edits need to be made to a slide that is currently in rotation, please contact the University Center at email@example.com.
GENERAL OPERATING GUIDELINES
· The maximum allotted time for a posted messages is 10 seconds per advertisement. Since messages vary in length, the number of messages displayed will vary from day to day.
· Messages are limited in duration to a maximum of 7 consecutive days, unless an exception is granted by the University Center.
· The University Center reserves the right to edit messages to promote brevity and uniformity.
· The University Center will also determine the priority of messages as outlined below. Priority postings on the display monitors will be general interest postings to the entire university community as a whole. Messages directed at specific or limited audiences will be considered low priority postings and will only be posted when space is available.
Displays will be approved according to the following priorities, in order:
- Administrative information of concern to all students.
- Events open to the entire university community that are occurring on-campus and sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations.
- Events open to the entire university community that are occurring off-campus and sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations.
- General information announcements that are of interest to the entire university community.
- Messages that promote the commercial interests of off-campus businesses and organizations that are associated with the use of Eaglebucks.
- Events sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations that are not of interest to the entire university community.
The following types of electronic displays are not permissible:
- Messages that promote the commercial interests of off-campus businesses and organizations not associated with the use of Eaglebucks.
- Messages that promote membership in groups or organizations that are not open to the entire university community.
The University Center will notify campus departments and student organizations within 48 hours of submission if the electronic message board request is approved/denied or if more information is needed before posting a message.
The University Center has the right to determine if all event related postings are in compliance with applicable American University guidelines and policies.
Questions about the electronic displays should be directed to the University Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 885-3947.