Hosting External Events
When offices, departments, and recognized student organizations host external (non-AU) organizations (regardless of profit, non-profit, or faculty/staff association with academic societies) for an event, space rental fees apply in order to reserve space for your event. The on-campus organization, as the host, has the following responsibilities regarding the event (as outlined within the AU Event Scheduling Policy).
"Responsibility of the Sponsor or Host. The faculty/staff sponsor or the host designated on the Space Reservation Request Form agrees:
- to be present throughout the event and to have available for inspection the confirmation copy of the Space Reservation Request Form and applicable support documents and licenses;
- to be responsible for communicating any restrictions regarding the facility to the group and the participants;
- to be responsible, individually and jointly with the sponsoring group, for the charges levied for use of the facility, special services and equipment, repair of any damages to the facility, and cleaning above what is usual and customary."
- Coordinate all campus services needed for the proposed activity.
- Ensure compliance with all AU policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Ensure the execution of contracts between AU and any non-AU organization.
- Represent the activity and any non-AU organization to the AU community.
- Ensure that all fees assessed for the activity are paid in full.
The Event Sponsor or Host will…
- Be present throughout the event.
- Have a confirmation for the space on hand at the event.
- Relay any facility rules or restrictions to the event participants.
- Be responsible for any charges levied as a result of the use of the space.
Questions about Hosting External Events? View the Hosting External Events FAQ's (pdf).