We are committed to providing you the services needed for your advertisement needs. Please review our policies below and note the display timers - content automatically rotates after displaying for the set amount of time and remains until requested end date.
1) If your event is occurring on-campus, make sure your event space(s) are confirmed by University Event Scheduling. If your event is occurring off-campus, please include contact information of an administrator within the University department or student organization that is sponsoring the event.
2) Upon confirmation of the event, create a PowerPoint slide or image for your event. The advertisement must be in landscape (horizontal) orientation. If you would like your display to have more than one slide and scroll as a slideshow display, make sure they are created on the same file.
2.a) All recorded video submitted should be captioned either through YouTube or by providing a VTT or SRT file. If you are in need of captioning assistance, please contact the Academic Support and Access Center by phone (x3360) or by email (email@example.com).
3) POSTER APPROVAL
Registered student organizations must first submit their ad for approval before it is sent for posting through Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Student Activities representative will forward the approved ad to email@example.com with the required information listed below.
University departmentscan submit an ad for posting directly to the University Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with the required information listed below.
In the email, please submit the following information:
a) Desired dates for advertisement to run: ___________
4) Once the event has been completed, your slide will be removed from the daily rotation of events. Slides are also removed at the end of each semester to keep server storage clear.
5) If changes/edits need to be made to a slide that is currently in rotation, please send updated slides to email@example.com.
GENERAL OPERATING GUIDELINES
·The University Center reserves the right to edit messages to promote brevity and uniformity.
Displays will be approved according to the following priorities, in order:
- Administrative information of concern to all students.
- Events open to the entire university community that are occurring on-campus and sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations.
- Events open to the entire university community that are occurring off-campus and sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations.
- General information announcements that are of interest to the entire university community.
- Messages that promote the commercial interests of off-campus businesses and organizations that are associated with the use of Eaglebucks.
- Events sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations that are not of interest to the entire university community.
The following types of electronic displays are not permissible:
- Messages that promote the commercial interests of off-campus businesses and organizations not associated with the use of Eaglebucks.
- Messages that promote membership in groups or organizations that are not open to the entire university community.
The University Center will notify campus departments and student organizations within 48 hours of submission if the electronic message board request is approved/denied or if more information is needed before posting a message.
The University Center has the right to determine if all event related postings are in compliance with applicable American University guidelines and policies.
Questions about the electronic displays should be directed to the University Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 885-3947.