Spring 2014 applications are due by January 27th at Midnight.
In Fall 2013 there were 39 students are working with 30 different organizations in DC metro area. These organizations range from the GALA Hispanic Theatre (creating and implementing a marketing plan) to the Latino Student Fund (supporting their Saturday educational programs for children and adults).
Registering for the add-on credit option is a very straightforward process.
- Identify the class* to which you wish to attach the CSLP credit.
- Talk with your professor about CSLP options (including service sites and final projects.)
- Identify and contact the nonprofit organization where you would like to work. We encourage you to attend the Community Partner Fair on Wednesday, January 22nd from 1:30pm-3:30pm in MGC 200 to meet with nonprofit partners seeking volunteers! Feel free to contact the Center for Community Engagement & Service for help with this. Here is a guide to selecting and contacting nonprofit organizations, including email and phone call outreach samples.
- Complete the online registration form. To do this, you will need to have solidified your 40-hour commitment to a nonprofit organization or school and determined an end-of-semester service-learning project with your professor (see the list of sample projects here).
- Encourage your professor to electronically sign off on your application by Wednesday, January 29th. We will take care of the rest!
*At this time, the Community Service-Learning Program add-on credit may only be used in conjunction with classes within the CAS, SIS and Kogod.