There are five steps to becoming a tutor for the academic year. If you are interested in tutoring over the summer please look at the Federal Work Study FAQs. As you work through this process, use the links below to navigate. For more information please email email@example.com or call (202) 885-7378.
To apply please go here
You are eligible if:
- You are a student (undergraduate or graduate) at American University
- You are 18 years or older (if you are 17 email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility of a work permit)
- You have 1-2 afternoons available in your schedule to tutor
- Fill out the interest profile and new student application
- After completing the application, call us at (202) 885-7378 to schedule an interview with a DC Reads Staff Member. At the end of the interview we will place you at a site according to your preferences.
- For information on the different tutoring sites go here.
- Training will be held from 9am-4pm (for FWS) and 10am-4pm (for volunteers)
- Start tutoring once you have turned in all your forms and are given clearance by DC Reads Staff!
If you have any questions email email@example.com or call 202-885-7378