Become a Tutor
There are Five Easy Steps to become a tutor!
STEP ONE: Complete a DC Reads application online.
- The application can be reached here.
- Fill out the interest profile and new student application.
STEP TWO: Submit TB results and Fingerprinting to the Center for Community Engagement and Service.
- TB tests can be taken at the Health Center on campus. A link to their website is provided in the quick link section on the right. Call ahead to ensure they have TB tests available.
- A link to DCPS Fingerprinting is located on the right. Not every site requires fingerprinting. Be certain to check with your site.
STEP THREE: Sign up for an interview with a DC Reads staff member by calling (202) 885-7378.
- After completing the application, call us at (202) 885-7378 to schedule an interview with a DC Reads Staff Member. At the end of the interview we will place you at a site according to your preferences.
- For information on the different tutoring sites go here.
STEP FOUR: FWS only - Complete hiring paperwork.
- Tax forms.
- Direct Deposit.
- Training will be held from 9am-4pm (for FWS) and 10am-4pm (for volunteers).
Once you have completed the above five steps you are able to begin tutoring at your designated site!
For any questions you have about the application process, whether or not you are eligible, or if you are curious about tutoring over the summer please visit the DC Reads Facts and Questions page.
If you have any questions as you go through the process please email email@example.com or call (202) 885-7378.