Creating Visitor Accounts
To protect American University's data assets, all users are required to login with credentials before gaining access to the network. The temporary account that is created for the visitor provides access to the Internet, while preventing access to services designated as AU-only.
- To create limited-access visitor accounts, log into the myAU.american.edu portal and click on the OFFICE ASSISTANT link on the right side of the screen, under PERSONALIZED LINKS.
- Click the VISITOR ACCOUNT CREATION link. You will see the following screen:
- Enter the first and last name and a phone number, in the format of XXX-XXX-XXXX, for the person for whom you are creating the account.
Please Note: You should enter a phone number for the visitor account holder, not an AU phone number.
- Select the number of days, up to 14, for which the account should be valid.
- Then, click SUBMIT. You will be presented with the account user name, password, and expiry information.
Please note: You are only allowed to have two accounts active at any one time. These accounts will be automatically deleted, when the expiry date has passed.
If you need more than two accounts, an account which will have a longer duration, or require access to sensitive data or systems, please contact the IT Help Desk at 202-885-2550, email@example.com, or AskAmericanUHelp.