Accessing Your AU E-mail using Windows Mail for Vista
Faculty and Staff Instructions
Gathering the Required Configuration Information
Before you configure Windows Mail or Vista, you will need to know the name of your AU e-mail server.
- Log into the my.american.edu Web portal.
- Click the TECHNOLOGY link and select the MY CONTEXT AND INCOMING MAIL SERVER link.
- Please write down your incoming mail server, since it will be one of AU's seven mail servers.
- You may need to contact the Help Desk to determine if your mail is on a mail server that allows IMAP connections.
Configuring Windows Mail for Vista
- Open WINDOWS MAIL.
- Select ACCOUNTS from the TOOLS menu.
- Click on the ADD button.
- Select EMAIL ACCOUNT, and click the NEXT button.
- Enter your FULL NAME in the DISPLAY NAME field. Then, click NEXT.
- Enter your E-MAIL ADDRESS and click NEXT.
- Select IMAP for the INCOMING E-MAIL SERVER TYPE. Enter the name of your incoming mail server
- Enter your INCOMING MAIL SERVER that you wrote down from the portal in the INCOMING MAIL (POP OR IMAP) SERVER field.
- Enter mailout.american.edu for your OUTGOING E-MAIL SERVER (SMTP) NAME.
- Check the box to indicate that the OUTGOING SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION. Then, click NEXT.
- Enter your USER NAME and PASSWORD.
- Click Next.
- Check the box for DO NOT DOWNLOAD MY E-MAIL AND FOLDERS AT THIS TIME. Then, click FINISH.
- Back on the INTERNET ACCOUNTS window, make sure the account you have just created is highlighted and click the PROPERTIES button.
- Click on the ADVANCED tab. Then, check the box to indicate THIS SERVER REQUIRES A SECURE CONNECTION (SSL) under both OUTGOING MAIL (SMTP) and INCOMING MAIL (IMAP).
- Change the port number to 465 for Outgoing Mail (SMTP).
- Leave the port number for Incoming Mail (IMAP) set to 993. Then, click OK.
- Click the CLOSE button.
- You will be prompted to download folders for the e-mail server you have added. Click YES.
- Then, you may be prompted to log in. This is the same USER NAME and PASSWORD that you use to log in to the my.american.edu Web portal, the AU Novell network, or CCA.
- The system will then download your folder information and show you a list of the currrent folders in your account. Click OK to close this window.
- If are not able to log into your AU e-mail, log in to my.american.edu, click on the TECHNOLOGY link, and then click SYNCHRONIZE MY PASSWORDS. Wait ten minutes and your problem should be resolved.
- If you still experience login problems, try changing the short version of your user name to your complete name with a space between the First and Last names. For example, if someone with the user name smith tries to login to IMAP, the server will see several people with the last name of Smith and it will not know who to select. If Smith logs in with the full name John Smith, the server will find only a single match.