Workstation Provisioning & Receiving
IT Asset Management Program
The following steps are performed to provision workstations for AU departments:
- The Office of Information Technology (OIT) creates and thoroughly tests the standard image for new workstations.
- OIT coordinates with Dell and the Procurement & Contracts office to ensure the newly created image is installed on the workstations ordered by AU.
- The Procurement & Contracts office notifies the OIT Asset Management team when new requests are received from the AU community.
- Orders are placed by the Procurement & Contracts office.
The following steps are performed once the workstations arrive on campus:
- New workstations are delivered to the AU Central Receiving location.
- The OIT Asset Management team records the workstation asset tags and serial numbers in the IT asset management system database.
- The workstations are delivered to the appropriate departments by Support Services.
- The local technical support staff will set them up.
- In the absence of the local technical support staff, requests are sent to the IT Help Desk and an OIT technical support engineer will install the new workstations.