IT Hardware Support Services
The Office of Information Technology provides the following comprehensive services to meet your hardware support needs as a member of the university community:
- Recommends new computer configurations for faculty, staff, and student personal purchases to be compatible with the AU campus infrastructure.
- Convenes a group of campus IT support staff to collectively identify the standard desktop and laptop model for all university purchases for individual faculty, staff, and lab computers.
- Builds a standard image for AU-purchased desktop and laptop computers which includes all university-licensed software applications. This image is pre-loaded on new Dell computers directly at the factory.
- Installs, supports, and repairs all university-owned computers. Please see Arranging for Repair of Your Computer Equipment for specific requirements and limitations.
- Refers individuals to their manufacturer or local repair shops for personally-owned computers and other equipment. Assists with diagnose of the problem, where possible.