Wireless Network Configuration for Windows Vista
Eagle-secure Wireless Network Instructions Only
Please refer to the configuration instructions below to take advantage of the AU wireless network.
Protecting your Connection
Always check for the gold lock or "https" in the address field before transmitting your password or PIN over the network. You can also use AU's VPN service.
Connecting to AU's Wireless Network
Windows Vista supports wireless networking without the need for additional software. Installing your wireless card on your computer consists of two main steps, installing your wireless card and configuring your wireless card for AU's wireless network. Most laptops purchased within the last three years will have wireless networking already built-in. Desktop computers can easily have a wireless card installed and may sometimes arrive with one.
Simply turn on your computer and insert your external wirelesss network card if it is not already built-in. Some laptops with internal wireless adapters have mechanical switches or special keys on the keyboard that can toggle the wireless adapter on and off. Consult your laptop's documentation to make sure the wireless (WiFi) adapter is enabled if you have trouble completing the steps below.
- Click on the START button.
- Select CONTROL PANEL from the Start menu. Click on NETWORK AND INTERNET, then click NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER. Click the MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS link on the left.
- Click ADD on the MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS screen.
- On the next screen, choose MANUALLY CREATE A NETWORK PROFILE.
- You should now see a screen where you can manually enter network settings. Enter eagle-secure as the NETWORK NAME, WPA2-ENTERPRISE as the SECURITY TYPE, and AES as the ENCRYPTION TYPE. Check both of the checkboxes as displayed below and click NEXT.
- On the next screen, click on CHANGE CONNECTION SETTINGS.
- Click on the SECURITY tab. Choose MICROSOFT: PROTECTED EAP (PEAP) as the NETWORK AUTHENTICATION METHOD. Then, click the SETTINGS button.
- Make sure you check the VALIDATE SERVER CERTIFICATE checkbox.
- Select SECURED PASSWORD (EAP-MSCHAP V2) from the AUTHENTICATION METHOD drop-down menu, if it is not selected already. Then, click the CONFIGURE button.
- Uncheck the checkbox on the EAP MSCHAPV2 window as shown below. Click OK three times, then click CLOSE.
- Click on the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS NEEDED TO CONNECT EAGLE-SECURE bubble message that appears at the bottom right of your screen.
- The ENTER CREDENTIALS screen will then appear as shown below.
- Enter your myAU portal USER NAME and PASSWORD in the spaces provided and click OK. You can ignore the LOGON DOMAIN field.
- Click OK on the VALIDATE SERVER CERTIFICATE window to continue. You should now be connected to eagle-secure.