Wireless Network Configuration for Mac OS X
Protecting your Connection
Always check for the gold lock or "https" in the address field before transmitting your password or PIN over the network. You can also use AU's VPN service.
Connecting to AU's Wireless Network
- Click on the AIRPORT menu in the menu bar.
- From this menu, make sure the AirPort is set to ON. If not, just select TURN AIRPORT ON.
- From this same menu, select eaglenet.
- To check your connection, open NETWORK from SYSTEM PREFERENCES.
- Click on the AIRPORT icon and you should see the following:
- Close the AirPort status window and open your Web browser.
- You will be required to sign into the Cisco Clean Access Agent (CCA) web page to confirm your access to the network before you can use other applications on the Internet.
NOTE: These screenshots are from a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), but the instructions will also work for 10.3 and .4 (Panther and Tiger). OS X users running 10.2 (Jaguar) may experience problems if the Airport software is out of date.